View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 01:55

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Whens Beta being released? 
Crewman

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but when will Supremacy beta be released?? I'm excited and loved the BOTF 1 and can't wait for the 2nd...

:twistedlaugh:

04 Nov 2012, 16:23
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Hi and welcome to the forums! Glad to have you. Unfortunately the programmer has admitted to having a bit of a full schedule. Everything is on hold as far as we know. The source code is available if you know a programmer who loves BOTF I and is motivated to move the project along. We have had some interest but no real takers yet.

04 Nov 2012, 23:45
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
There is no AI to play against but we are testing out playing online against human players. It looks like that takes forwarding of port 808 in your LAN router to the game PC.

Also I am slowly pocking away to building a combat engine to show ship to ship combat.
:borg:

05 Nov 2012, 00:25
Admiral
Admiral

Since the forums have been bristling with concern about the future of the game, I have some good news.

Mike will release a new stable version (still alpha) of the game, soon! :bigthumb: Soon is probably end of next january, but don't hold your breath. Depends on how much work he can do in about two weeks vacation. :wink:
I'll keep you guys posted.

03 Dec 2012, 15:34
Crewman

Hey i am a newbie to this site but i got a lot of questions :P. first off i have played the BOTF a lot and i think the game is awesome now from what i read for a bit alrdy is that u guys are working on a followup wich doesnt make it laggy the more days u got into it. (excuse me for not being that techy intellectual :) ) what i wonder is wich game i need to download is it supremacy even thought its not a whole game yet or should i get the the birth of the empires? [if those arent the same alrdy] now i have also played the dominion mod on botf so if u would compare the dominion mod or old botf to these new ones what the biggest differnce in the games and do the new games get less laggy when u got like 500 days played?

30 Jan 2014, 23:31
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Bombaklats. Welcome to the forums!
Supremacy and BotE are 2 different games. You probably should try both :wink:
I'm obviously biased, but I think you should try Supremacy :grin:
It's the top file. The name got duplicated for some reason, but the download should be ok. Have fun, and feedback is always welcome!

31 Jan 2014, 15:46
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

yes, just play Supremacy :smile: , best do it with Multiplayer so you have an opponent.

I began to do a little BotF2-Comparison here http://bote2.square7.ch/regwiki/index.p ... Comparison :mischief: (not much done yet)

For Rise of the Federation I wrote Seba yesterday a PM because I saw no progress since November - he's just at beginning to code it...nothing playable

Supremacy and Birth of the Empires are both worth to be played :winkthumb: and they are quite different though they had a common history long time ago

For Supremacy (on-topic) this might be helpful: http://supremacy.square7.ch/wiki/index. ... a_new_game

back to your question: As you see at the https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremacy/downloads there's a steady development. On the other side there's much to do ...see just what Matress said viewtopic.php?p=74314#p74314

02 Feb 2014, 15:29
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]