A planet is a part of a system.
see info at Manual#Important Icons
- primary purpose of popuation is to be allocated to food, industry, energy or research work areas (see Manual).
- Population has a morale influencing production.
- Credits are taxes paid by the empire’s population and increase as your population increases.
- a new Trade Route is created at multiples of 150
- for more see Manual#Game play tips
Growth rates depend whether the planet is ideal for the race or not:
|Federation: - Terran -||Romulans: - Terran -||Klingons: - Jungle -||Cardassians: - Desert -||Dominion: - Jungle -|
When a race is on its ideal planet type it has its highest growth rate. (defined in UniverseTables.txt)
- Uninhabitable 0%
- Hostile 1%
- Marginal 2%
- Adequate 3%
- Comfortable 4%
- Ideal 5%
- Unemployment https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremacy/issue/313/unemployment (issue/313)
- If Food Output >= Current Population but Unassigned Population >= 50% , the colony's population cannot grow by more than 1 pop per turn.
Buildings for additional GrowthRate: GrowthRate + PercentGrowthRate: Database-List Tip: build IMMUNOLOGY_CENTRE as soon as possible to each colony to get more growth rate
- PercentPopulationHealth: Database-List
- old but detailed to Health: http://bote2.square7.ch/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27152#p27152
see also Scripted Event#Plague: You lose a certain amount of population per turn. You will need to send a medical ship to save your people. If you send a medical ship to an enemy/minor race world, relations with the race will greatly improve.
- http://star-trek-supremacy.proboards.com/thread/339/population-health (search entry thread/339)
[BotF] Ship maintenance below the population support value was not payed, only whatever was above that value would be deducted every turn from the treasury. Population Support = Total Population * Race Modifier Race Modifier = 1.000 Klingons 0.850 Cardassians 0.800 Romulans 0.775 Humans 0.750 Ferengi Race Modifiers should be made data-driven.
(defined in UniverseTables.txt)
Due to it's not implemented yet - all inhabitable planets are already terraformed (don't wonder about old screenshots).
see also to do list#Features Overview